The NSW Firearms Registry is excited to announce the development and launch of a new
Firearms Dealer Portal.
- The portal brings significant and positive changes to the NSW firearms industry, including:
- Replacing costly and cumbersome paper registers and ageing databases with speedier, easier and more accurate online recording of firearm movement,
- Instant dealer to dealer notification of transactions in-progress,
- Single digital record for all firearm transactions, including ammunition and gunpowder
- Dedicated employee login profiles to confirm disposal and acquisition touch points,
- Real-time validation of disposal and acquisition of firearm transactions along with gun powder and ammunition sales,
- Decrease the likelihood of human errors by introducing an automated validation process,
- Improving security of system access and monitoring through dedicated login profiles for dealers and each of their employees,
- Ability to search firearms registrations without having to contact the Firearms Registry,
- Easy onboarding and migration process enabled by Firearms Registry staff,
- Reducing error opportunities due to validation of dealer to dealer licence details, including categories of firearms and preventing incorrect or incomplete transactions from being submitted,
- Reducing red tape by streamlining quarterly return requirements with real-time functionalities of firearm sales and purchases,
- Seamless and simple user experience including self-service search capacity of firearm details including registrations negating the need to contact the Firearms Registry,
- Simpler dealer audit process due to real time transactions held by dealer and police,
- Decommissioning of the outdated Firearms Link platform.
The portal will allow NSW firearm dealers to complete activities online. Some of these include:
- NSW Dealer Disposals,
- NSW Dealer Acquisitions,
- Interstate disposal Transactions (between NSW and other states and territories),
- Ammunition and Gun Powder Sales.
The rollout of the Firearms Dealer Portal is scheduled to commence in August 2020 and is
part of a phased delivery of digital services for the NSW firearms community.